Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University
Alexander Calder and Contemporary Art: Form, Balance, Joy
Thursday, February 16 - Sunday, June 17, 2012
DAILY ADMISSION TICKET PRICES:
|2 FREE PER DAY||Nasher Member* Become a member today!|
|1 FREE PER DAY||Duke Students**|
|$5||Duke Faculty and Staff|
|$5||Youth 7 - 17|
|$5||Other College Student (1 per ID)|
|1 FREE PER DAY||
Children 6 and under
NCMA Member (limit 2)
GUIDED TOUR TICKET PRICES:
|$5||Nasher Member* (limit 2) Become a member today!|
|$5||Duke Students** (limit 1)|
|$10||Duke Faculty and Staff (limit 2)|
|$10||Youth 7 - 17 (1 per youth)|
|$10||Other College Student (1 per ID)|
|$12||NCMA Member (Limit 2)|
This spring, the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University presents an exhibition that provides a fresh perspective on modern sculptor Alexander Calder (1898-1976) and his influence on a new generation of artists.
“Alexander Calder and Contemporary Art: Form, Balance, Joy” pairs 34 master works by Calder with work by seven young artists: Martin Boyce, Nathan Carter, Abraham Cruzvillegas, Aaron Curry, Kristi Lippire, Jason Meadows and Jason Middlebrook. The Nasher Museum is the fourth and final venue for the exhibition.
“Alexander Calder and Contemporary Art” is organized by Lynne Warren, a curator at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago. The exhibition traveled to the Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas and the Orange County Museum of Art in California. The exhibition is accompanied by a fully illustrated catalogue co-published by the MCA and Thames & Hudson.
*Nasher Members are eligible for two (2) free tickets, per day, per membership. If you would like more information about this limit or would like to become a member, please call the Nasher Membership office at 919-684-3411.
**Duke students may receive one free ticket with student ID per day for entry on the same day. Redeem in person for admission.
MEMBERSHIPFor information on how to become a Nasher Member, please visit http://nasher.duke.edu/membership/ or call 919-684-3411.
GROUPSGroups of 20 or more are eligible for group admission prices. To receive the discount, you must request your visit by completing this on-line form. Do not purchase tickets via this website. After submitting this on-line form, a representative will contact you to make ticketing arrangements for your group request. Payment must be received at time of order for any bookings made less than three weeks in advance. If you are booking less than three weeks in advance, please submit a form, and a representative will contact you regarding your request. Payment must be received at time of order.
For groups under 19 people we strongly encourage pre-purchasing tickets online here, by phone or in person. Groups of 19 or fewer do not qualify for group admission prices.
DINING AT NASHER
If you plan on dining at the Nasher Museum Cafe during your visit, we strongly recommend that you reserve your table prior to purchasing tickets. You may place a reservation online or by calling the Nasher Cafe at 919-684-6032 or opentable.com.
GUIDED GROUP TOURSTo purchase guided tour tickets for groups of 20 or more, please request a reservation through visitor services by clicking here. Please do not purchase tickets via this website.
Free Admission, March 18 and May 20, 2012, 12pm - 5pm. Tickets for Family Day are not available in advance. Tickets will be available at the museum upon entry on those dates. Limited quantities available.
- Last entry into the exhibition is 30 minutes before the museum closes.
- K-12 School Tours will be in the museum Tuesday - Friday from 10am - 12pm.
- Everyone entering the exhibition, including FREE admissions, must have a ticket.
- Audio Tour production is available in English. Renting the Audio Guide at the museum costs $3. Advance sales not available. You may also download the audio guide to your personal MP3 player for free.
- Audio guides are FREE to Nasher Museum members. Audio guides are FREE on Thursday nights.
- All sales are final. No refunds. Exchanges may be requested to another date of this exhibition, based on availability. Exchange requests can be made through the Box Office during business hours by phone, 919-684-4444.
- There is a $6 order fee on all phone and internet sales.
- Parking is not included in the ticket price. Parking for museum visitors is $2 per hour, payable at kiosks in lots designated for visitor parking.
Museum Information: 919-684-0700
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 10am to 5pm
Thursday: 10am to 9pm
Sunday: 12pm to 5pm